Planet of Koras
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
littlejayberry
littlejayberry
Admin
Admin
http://www.planetofkoras.com

Post Order Suggestion Empty Post Order Suggestion

Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:48 pm
I have an idea (oh god). So I was thinking of trying an idea regarding post order.
We all know how post order works in SL. Player 1, Player 2, Player 3, Player 4.
Goes back to Player 1 and starts over. Rinse and repeat.

Now here's the idea.

Let's say Player 1 is talking to Player 2. but then Player 3 and Player 4 show up.

Luna will be Player 1. Onyx will be Player 2. John and Max will be Players 3 and 4.

[20:00] Luna looked at Onyx and nodded. "Yes, I understand that, I agree with what you said."

[20:01] Onyx nodded back. "Good, because if we don't try to fix the planet, we are in trouble."

[20:03] John walks into the labs and waves to both Luna and Onyx with his friend Max behind him.

[20:04] Max also smiled at them wondering what was going on.

NOW NORMALLY, IN SL, YOU NOW HAVE TO WAIT FOR 1, 2, NOW 3 and 4 to all post.^^

So what do we do?

Luna replies to Onyx as normal, and in her post she acknowledges the others arrive as proper RP manners.

But Onyx posts another question to her. Like a real conversation, Luna can respond. "breaking post order"

[20:14] Oynx looks at Luna. "So what are your plans to fix the planet?"

[20:15] Luna hums. "I would say fixing the core of it first."

[20:16] John pipes up. "Luna, can I speak to you for a minute?"

[20:16] Luna nods. "Sure John, what's going on?" She asks but is still clearly listening to Oynx as well.

[20:17] Max walks up to shake Luna's hand. "Pleasure to meet you Luna."

[20:18] Luna returns the shake. "Likewise, what's your name may I ask?"

Now this might seem confusing.. (and for the sake of example, I used 1 liners.) ..but basically if Luna is mentioned in their posts, she gets to post to reply to that right then and there. If they DON'T mention her, she doesn't post further.

So if Onyx was the only one to post to Luna, Luna would just follow the normal odd fashioned way of doing post order.

I hope this makes sense.

It's subject to be modified to be easier to understand. You can talk about this idea on the website.

Further details

Okay so if this confuses you, here's what I'm trying to get across.

If someone mentions you by name, you are allowed to respond to that as it happens. You don't have to wait for anyone else to post.
Think of it as holding multiple sub scenes in one primary scene.
So if you're mentioned by one of the other players, you can reply to that player so they don't have to wait for 10 minutes (or longer heaven forbid) before they can post again.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum